Thursday, February 18, 2016

"Publishing Scholarly Research" Seminar at the University of Maastricht, The Netherlands

I returned "home" and presented the four-hour version of my Publishing Scholarly Research seminar to about 15 Ph.D. students at the University of Maastricht.  And, to my delight, one of the key characters in my story, Lisa Bruggen, was also in attendance...Lisa was able to add to my story about the Servicescape paper (entitled: "Extreme Makeover: Short- and Long-Term Effects of a Remodeled Servicescape") that eventually ended up being published in the Journal of Marketing.
The next generation of research stars...from the University of Maastricht!

After the seminar was over, we proceeded to go to Eetcafe De Preuverij to discuss in more detail the question I began the seminar with: Why do you want to publish?
Taking a break from our discussion of the question: "Why do you want to publish?"
Candy and I both have VERY GOOD memories of our 7 months living in Maastricht in 2006. I have returned more than a dozen times since then...so, this really is my "home away from home."
Almost 10 years ago Candy and I (and our two girls) were treated to drinks just before our departure back to the U.S. in exactly the same establishment!  We took a picture of all four of us in nearly this same spot...see below...

Our last day in Maastricht in July, 2006.




No comments:

Post a Comment