Tuesday, April 5, 2016

"Publishing Scholarly Research" Seminar at QUT, Brisbane, Australia

About a year and a half ago Dominique Greer invited me to come to Queensland University of Technology for a visit.  At the time she did not know that I had planned a sabbatical, and it turned out the time was perfect.  So, on April Fool's Day I flew from Detroit to Los Angeles and then on to Brisbane.  (Somewhere in there I lost a day, as I arrived on April 3.)
I have been walking an hour each morning along the Brisbane River...with wonderful views!  This is Story Bridge.
After having a day to get over any jet lag, I began the first of two full days of the Publishing Scholarly Research seminar.  The attendees asked some great questions!
A wonderful looking group of mates at the Publishing seminar!  (From the left: Amisha Mehta, Judy Drennan, Bre Devin, Lisa Schuster, Lynda Andrews, Larry Neale, Sven Tuzovic, Paula Dootson, and Dominique Greer.)
Learning to celebrate publishing success!  (This activity also needs practice and perseverance!)

No comments:

Post a Comment