Sunday, May 20, 2018

On the Road Again...in Koblenz, Germany

It has been a while since I was in Europe...almost 11 months.  I left Detroit on May 19, and after a plane, a train, and a taxi I arrived the next morning at my hotel in Koblenz, Germany.  I walked around during the day on Sunday, forcing myself to stay awake until evening.  (I then slept well!)  On Sunday evening I was treated to dinner by Christian Troebs (left), his wife Nadine, and a friend.
Christian, a friend, Nadine, and I at Buffalo Steak House in Koblenz
Earlier in the day I rented a bicycle from my hotel and rode along the Rhein River for three hours.  I went past the "German Corner" (Deutsches Eck) and all the way out to Vallendar (where I will be at for the rest of the week).
At the "German Corner" where the Rhine and Mosel Rivers meet.
If you look closely at the photo above, just next to my left hip you can see the monument for German Emperor William I.  (A better shot is included below.)  By the end of the day, my (left) knee was sore...I had knee surgery about 2.5 weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment