Friday, May 13, 2016

Visit to See Samantha in Study Abroad Program in Firenze (Florence), Italy

My oldest daughter, Samantha, is spending the month of May in Florence, Italy, as part of the University of Pittsburgh's Study Abroad Program.  (Interestingly, business students and a professor from Pitt were in Augsburg at the Management School when I was there on Monday.)  She just completed her junior year at Pitt at the end of April.
Samantha outside of her classroom building in Firenze (Florence).
I awoke at 4:00 a.m. to begin my journey by bus, plane, and then taxi from Ingolstadt to Firenze. After I arrived at the Firenze train station at 9;30 a.m., Samantha took me on a quick tour of Firenze. We saw "The Duomo" (the Cathedral) and the Ponte Vecchio (the old bridge).
Just down the street from "The Duomo"
I was last at the Ponte Vecchio bridge in Florence 32 years ago!
Photo taken from the restaurant we ate at on Monday evening...from the other side of the Ponte Vecchio bridge!  The tower is part of Palazzo Vecchio.

No comments:

Post a Comment