Sunday, June 19, 2016

"Delivering Bad News" Presentation at SERVSIG Research Conference, Maastricht, The Netherlands

Months ago I decided that I would end my sabbatical travels in Maastricht, one of my favorite places to visit and live. The 2016 edition of the SERVSIG Service Research Conference was hosted by my friends at the University of Maastricht. Cecile Delcourt and I presented some early findings of our project that focuses on employees who must delivery bad news to customers. (We were the last paper in the last session of the conference...but still had a nice turnout.)
One of us is not too happy!
The previous evening my two co-workers on this project, Cecile Delcourt and Dominique Greer, met for the first time.  (My daughter Samantha actually introduced them to each other.)
The first time all three of us (Dominique, Dwayne, and Cecile) have been together in one location. 
June 19 was also Father's Day (both in The Netherlands and in the U.S.), and so Samantha purchased me some chocolate and we had dinner to celebrate the occasion in the caves in Kanne, Belgium with other conference attendees. (We had visited there when we lived in Maastricht in 2006.)
Samantha with her new leather jacket (purchased in Florence, Italy) and Dwayne in his BGSU (and Dutch) orange shirt in the Kanne caves.

1 comment:

  1. What a great travel, great stories, great people, promising great future projects ;-)

    ReplyDelete