Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Relaxing on an "Off" Day in Koblenz

We scheduled an "off" day today (Wednesday) between the Publishing Scholarly Research sessions.  I am sure the students appreciate a chance to get caught up on the readings, and I get the chance to give my voice a rest.

How did I spend the day?  I slept in, worked on my slides for the rest of the seminar sessions, and went for a walk along the Rhine River.  I walked down to the "German Corner" (Deutsches Eck, where the Mosel River meets the Rhine River); the weather was great (about 55 degrees).
Festung Ehrenbreitstein, the fortress overlooking the German Corner (from the other side of the Rhine River).
Candy and I visited Festung Ehrenbreitstein when we were in Koblenz in 2015.  Quite impressive!

For dinner, I met Clemens Koehler for dinner at Adaccio.   Clemens was a Ph.D. student in Maastricht (in 2006) when I was there on a Fulbright scholarship.  He was an intergral part of the infamous "Service Desk" in the Department of Marketing.

Clemens showing off his selfie skills.
Adaccio is a nice Italian restaurant/steakhouse.
Adaccio in Koblenz

No comments:

Post a Comment